Berean Bible Church doctrinal statement: In order to establish a testimony in our area which is free from outside control, and to have the stability which a sound, fundamental fellowship can provide for the community, we hereby declare this doctrinal statement to be the basic belief and doctrine to which this church family prescribes.
(1) THE BIBLE is verbally inspired of God, is without error, and is the final authority in all beliefs and practices of this church. We further believe the Bible has been preserved and exists today for English speaking people in the Authorized Version, commonly called the King James Bible. II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21, Psalms 12:6-7 & Matthew 24:35
(2) THE GODHEAD is one God eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I John 5:7
(3) THE LORD JESUS CHRIST was born of the virgin Mary and is true God and true man. Romans 1:3-4 & Matthew 1:20-25
(4) THE HOLY SPIRIT'S baptism places every believer eternally into the church the Body of Christ the moment he or she trusts the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour. (I Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 1:13, 4:30) The Holy Spirit thereafter indwells the Christian, and therefore, through the word of God, every believer can and should live a godly life to the glory of God. I Corinthians 6:19-20 & I Thessalonians. 2:13
(5) MAN IS SINFUL AND DEAD in trespasses and sin, and unable to please God in his natural state. Romans 3:9-12
(6) SALVATION is by Grace through faith alone in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. The gospel of our salvation is the gospel of the grace of God, committed to Paul, the apostle of the gentiles. Romans 3:23-25, Romans 4:5, Acts 20:24 & Romans 11:13
(7) THE CHURCH of this present dispensation of grace is called the body of Christ. (Ephesians 1:22-23). The body of Christ began with the apostle Paul before he wrote his first epistle (1 Timothy 1:16), and is composed of all those who are truly saved (1 Corinthians 12:13). The body of Christ is to be recognized as separate and distinct from God's prophesied program for the nation Israel. Ephesians 3:1-6 & Acts 3:19-21
(8) THE MISSION OF THE CHURCH is to reach the lost for Christ and to establish Christians in Christ by the preaching of the cross and by making known the revelation of the mystery as committed to the apostle Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles. Romans 16:25-26 & 1Timothy 2:4-7
(9) THE LORD'S SUPPER was given to the apostle Paul to be observed in remembrance of the body and blood of Jesus Christ given for us, and serves as a memorial thereof. 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
(10) THE GIFTS listed in Romans 12:6-8, 1 Corinthians 12 and Ephesians 4:11, being necessary for the initial foundation of the church the Body of Christ, ceased with the completion of scripture. Now that all scripture is given, the believer, being complete in Christ is throughly furnished unto all good works. 1 Corinthians 13:8-10, Colossians 2:10, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, & Colossians 1:25
(11) JESUS CHRIST WAS RESURRECTED from the dead bodily, therefore, all men will also either be resurrected to everlasting life with Christ. or to everlasting condemnation. I Corinthians 15:4-18 & Revelation 20:11-15
(12) THE RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH of this dispensation will be premillenial and pretribulational in nature and will catch the church of this age away before the prophesied seven year tribulation period begins. I Thessalonians 4:17 & I Thessalonians 5:1-9
(13) THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST to earth is reserved for the nation of Israel and will initiate the establishment of God's millennial kingdom on earth. Zechariah 14:4, 9.